Fundación Global Nature
Fundación Global Nature is a private non-for-profit foundation dedicated to nature protection. Our work is based on technical expertise, ethical commitment and innovation. Since our creation in 1993, we combine theory and practice, the elaboration of strategies and planes with applied projects. More than 20 prizes have acknowledged our work in the past years.
We have four offices in Spain and several additional working areas. In addition to national and European projects, we also develop initiatives in other countries to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We promote collaboration and the creation of strategic alliances. We understand that the best way to ensure long-term conservation and to create value for all stakeholders is to work together.
Our activity is distributed in three main areas: conservation of habitat and species, sustainability of the agri-food sector and corporate sustainability. The actions and projects that integrate each area are interrelated in order to create synergies, increase effiency and continue the activities in the long term. In addition, we develop cross-cutting activities like awareness-raising actions, training or environmental education.
Fundación Global Nature has been linked to the LIFE EU programme for many years. Up until now, it has participated in 18 LIFE projects.
Fundación Global Nature projects developed in Castilla-La Mancha region:
- LIFE La Mancha Wetlands “Restoration of sparto-grass formations and salt steppes in La Mancha Húmeda” (LIFE10 NAT/ES//000563)
- “Restoration of three wetlands in Villacañas, Toledo (LIFE99 NAT/E/006339)
LIFE projects in other regions:
- LIFE ALBUFERA “Integrated management of three wetlands to comply with the Water, Birds and Habitat Framework Directives” (LIFE12 ENV/ES/000685)
- LIFE AgriClimateChange “Fight against climate change through farming” (LIFE09 ENV/ES/000441)
- LIFE Las Rozas por el Clima “Climate Change Local Strategy: Adaptation and Assessement of Local Management Measures”. (LIFE08 ENV/E/000101)
- “European Business and Biodiversity Campaign” (LIFE08 INF/D/000022)
- LIFE Canal de Castilla “Wetland restoration and management: SPA Canal de Castilla” (LIFE 06 NAT/E/000213)
- LIFE MACROPHYTES “New Floating Macrophyte Green Filters (FMF) For the Mediterranean Region” (LIFE02 ENV/E/000182 )
- Aquatic warbler conservation in SPA Nava-Campos” (LIFE02 NAT/E/8616)
- “Conservation of Hieraaetus fasciatus in Murcia” (LIFE02 NAT/E/8602)
- “Tourism ecolabels” (LIFE00 ENV/NL/000810)
- “Management of Steppe Ponds” (LIFE01 ENV/D/351)
- “Soil conservation” (LIFE98 ENV/E/347)
- “”Project 2001”. Creation of Ecological Corridors for the Protection of Threatened or Endangered Species” (LIFE93 NAT/E/11500)